Sunday, November 21, 2010

Misguided Angel Review

Misguided Angel
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
Release Date: October 26,2010



Rating 4/5

I was not planning on reading the fifth installment of the Blue Bloods series. The last two book where a big disappointment and I had about given up on reading the series, but I was lucky enough to win it from Paranormal Haven Halloween's Bash and I'm glad I read Misguided Angel because the book was a big improvement from the rambling mess the last two books had been. What I liked most about the book was how it was broken down into three view points Schuyler's, Mimi's, and a new character Deming.
I won't spoil much but I liked how each of the three characters got there own section and how in the end of each section it left you guessing and waiting for the next book. I think I enjoyed Mimi's side of the story better then I enjoyed Schuyler's because I felt that her story ended in the the fourth book and by adding her point of view it's just dragging Schuyler's story on. In the book we also get to see a side of Mimi that was never seen before it showed a less shallow version of Mimi then the one we where used to reading, even though I don't like her, I've gotten to understand her a little more and now I kinda feel sorry for her. I think it's karma that's coming back to her for always being such a bitch and treating everyone like inferiors. Now she is getting what she deserves to wallow in self misery for a while, but I do hope she and Kingsley have a happy ending because I really liked Kingsley from the previous book he has a charm that no other character has ( not even jack). P.S the ending of Mimi's story is not a happy ending it makes me feel even more sorry for her. Like I said before we get to meet a new character Deming a Venator who is the Angel of Mercy and highly attuned to peoples emotions. She comes into the story as a Venator trying to solve Victoria case and tries to find out who is the person responsible for her death.
The only thing I wish could have been different was if the book was longer. The story would have unfolded and been much more interesting if Schuyler's part would have had more action or more intriguing. I don't think 80 pages or so where enough to cover each characters point of view. If the book would have been 100 pages longer, the story would have been much better. Over all I liked it and for those who liked the first two book's and lost interest after that I recommended you read Misguided Angel because I guaranty this book will make you want to pick up The blue bloods series.


Here's the list of the complete series in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews