Tuesday, June 26, 2012

[Review] Borrowed Ember: Author Samantha Young

Borrowed Ember by Samantha Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't say this enough but Samantha Young is a Genius or should I say Jenius.

This book took me through a journey and I actually found myself wishing I was in the book, it takes alot for a book to impress me or make me gush now a days because I have read so many books that there all starting to sound the same but I can actually say " Borrowed ember " is totally unique and has been one of the best reads this year. I love everything about this book,characters,plot and I can't believe I'm saying this but I felt myself loving the villains.
The Villains in the book are actually different from any I ever read they actually have depth and you can actually see that there not really evil it's more complicated than that and you determine who the villain is by choosing a side which to me has been hard to choose especially in this book cause it's hard to see who actually right. It's especially confusing ,because in this book ,Red and White king are both shady characters but they both have a depth that makes them endearing to the reader especially the Red King I was so surprised by his action in this book I felt myself hating him for deceiving Ari but at times you saw a side of him that was sweet and actually cared about Ari but I guess time will tell who's side he's actually in and even the White king had redeeming moments even though in the end he did a really shitty thing (view spoiler)[killed Ari's mom (hide spoiler)]he wasn't as bad as I thought he was but yeah after the book ended I can't say that I'm wishing a happy ending for the White King.

But one thing I'm sure about is that I love Ari and Jai together they make the perfect couple there not sickly sweet and they both have flaws which makes me love them more. I'm really glad Jai confronted his dad in the end and made it known that he loves Ari I think Jai has changed the most out of any character for the good. Don't get me started on Charlie grrr... I hated Charlie from the beginning of the series he's always been a coward and hidden behind his brothers death blaming every action he's done on his brothers death but instead of growing into a better person and trying to do good he became a pot head and a slut and blamed everything on that fateful day. But I guess everyone grieves in a different way but the way Charlie did in wasn't only hurting him he was hurting Ari but i'm glad Ari finally woke up and realized that she was never in love with charlie and that what she has with Jai is the real thing.
But I found myself hating Charlie in this book specially at the end. I keep wishing Samantha would kill Charlie through out the whole book he's so stupid and to me he seems even more evil than the White King or any other villain because at least the White King can't comprehend that what he's doing is wrong but Charlie knows that what he is doing is wrong and he's just a coward who hides behind everyone and in the end I wished it would have been Charlie who died (view spoiler)[not Fallon (hide spoiler)]

I can't say it enough I love this series and can't wait to read the next book.

View all my reviews


P.S. sorry I haven't posted any new Review in a while I've been so busy with Summer classes (they go by so fast and HW is twice as long)that I barely had anytime to read. It took me three days to read this book which I would normally finish in like three hours but I had so much homework that it takes up most of my day.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. This series is one of my favorites and I'm buying this one today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, the Ari in my head looks nothing like the Ari on the cover. I can't even look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I meant to say Jai, not Ari! Where's the edit button?!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews